We need a new logo and who better to design it than our local community and stallholders?
We’re looking for a logo that represents the St Kilda Esplanade Market in all its glory. It must be consistent with a premier art, craft and design market, be vibrant, eye catching and work equally well in colour as black and white.
More than that – we’re not going to say. It’s up to you.
A shortlist of the best entries will be created and the final winner will be selected by voting on the market’s Facebook page.
The winning entry will receive $5,000 prize money.
Entries are accepted by email only and close at 5pm on Monday 6 October 2014.
To be inspired, visit the market this Sunday, check out our website at and take a look at our Facebook page (you can “like us” while you’re there too).
So put your creative hats on and get designing our new logo.
Full Terms and Conditions
- Entry is limited to people living, working or studying in the City of Port Phillip (CoPP) or market stallholders of the St Kilda Esplanade Market who have traded at least once since September 2013
- All designs must be original artwork
- Entrants must be the originator of the artwork
- Entrants must submit their entry before 5pm Monday 6 October 2014
- No entries will be accepted after the closing date
- A shortlist of entries will be compiled by a panel and a final winner will be selected via social media voting
- The winner will receive a prize of $5,000
- Logos must be submitted as an AI vector file or vector EPS
- Entries can be submitted via email only. Applications must be sent to: email@example.com with 'LOGO DESIGN COMPETITION' in the subject line. Please include your name, address and phone number in the body of the email. Also indicate how you meet the requirement of living, working or studying in the City of Port Phillip, or of being a market stallholder (Term 1 above).
- Each competitor can submit a maximum of four designs/entries
- Each entry must be emailed separately
- Entries may not be withdrawn after 5pm Wednesday 8 October 2014
- As a condition of entry, the winner cedes all copyright in the design to the City of Port Phillip
- The CoPP, or a design agency acting on our behalf, may further develop or make modifications to the winning design
- The CoPP reserves the right, in relation to the St Kilda Esplanade Market, to use the image extensively and exclusively on various and all promotional materials, on additional products and make use of the image in perpetuity for promotional purposes at its discretion and without fees or expenses
- CoPP further reserves the right to authorise use of the logo to third parties at its discretion
- The winning entrant will be subsequently provided with an agreement noting the above terms and conditions and negotiating the licence
- City of Port Phillip reserves the right not to select a winning entry from this competition process
- The CoPP will assume no rights to the use of unsuccessful entries
- The entrant warrants to the City of Port Phillip that they have obtained all the necessary permissions to enter this design and that the design does not infringe the rights, including copyright, of any third party
- By submitting your entry to this competition you certify that you agree with the terms and conditions listed above, and that you are the original and sole holder of the copyright to the entry that you submit, and that you have the authority to cede all copyright in the design to the City of Port Phillip